Friday, April 30, 2010

Not Good for You For But So Worth It

I didn't do any major cooking this week. Made a few standards that were quick and easy. I have however been thinking of a couple of things that I have made before and might add them to my menu in a couple of weeks. These recipes are SO not good for you, but you only live once and you don't have to make them all in the same week. Sheesh!

Sinful Burgers

1 lb breakfast sausage
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/3 tsp course ground pepper
1/3 chopped onion
1/3 chopped bell pepper

In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
Form into 8 patties. Cook over medium heat on each side. About 10-15 minutes each.
Serve on your favorite buns and add toppings. I like bleu cheese and jalapenos, but whatever makes you happy.


Turkey Bacon Salad

5 Slices Crispy Bacon--I like to use thick cut bacon, but you can use turkey or your normal bacon
2 Cups Sugar Snap Peas
1/2 Cup Mayo
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Fresh Dill
1 Diced avocado
Romaine Lettuce--coarsely torn ( NEVER cut lettuce, it makes it turn brown too quick)
1/2 Pound Turkey Breasts--cut into strips

Cook peas, covered in boiling salt water for about two minutes or until crisp.
Crumble one slice of bacon. Break the remaining slices. I know weird, but trust me.
In a bowl stir together the mayo, mustard, vinegar and dill. Add the crumbled bacon and stir. Arrange the lettuce, peas, turkey , avocado and bacon on a plate and top with the dressing. Gorgeous and awesome. I'm a fan of sprouts, so I like to add a few of them to my salad as well.


Chocolate Walnut Pie

2 Pkgs Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 Cans Condensed Milk
1/4 Cup Hershey Syrup
1 Prepared Pie Crust
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips--semi-sweet

Prepare pudding mix--whisk both boxes with the condensed milk
Add Hershey's Syrup
In the bottom of your pie crust create a layer of walnuts and chocolate chips.
Pour pudding mix on top.

I suggest letting this chill for at least an hour. When serving I like to top it with cool whip, walnuts and chocolate chips. This is OH so rich. A small piece will more than enough.

There you have it, some easy dishes for those nights when you want something different and don't feel like being good.

No comments:

Post a Comment