I love breakfast food. I can eat it anytime of day and actually prefer to have it for dinner. Cereal, oatmeal, french toast, breakfast tacos. You name it, I love it. Breakfast is easy and cheap and just admit it, makes you smile
1/2 lb breakfast sausage ( i like to use chorizo, but your normal folks can use breakfast sausage)
1 medium onion --i like chunky, but chop how you like.
1 can green chilies( this is optional, but trust me its really good)
2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
1. Brown sausage in a pan till its almost completely cooked. If you are using chorizo, its ok to go ahead and cook it completely through.
2. Add onions and cook till they are clear.
3. Add the green chilies and potatoes. You will need to cook for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
4. Crack the eggs and whisk them with the milk in a medium sized bowl.
5. Add the eggs to the pan and cook till done, set, whatever term you like to use. Cook them to your liking.
6. Put the mixture in a warmed flour tortilla and add cheese and your favorite salsa.
If you are feeling guilty for all the potatoes and grease and cheese you are ingesting, add some watermelon or orange slices on the side.